Carved guitar - Ibanez RG 'Calliope'

I didn't made the guitar, just carved it !
This solidbody is made of ash, oil finished in its natural colour.
It's been a while I wanted to try that, and I must admit that she really does the show ! She catch people's eyes like nothing else.
Here are some pictures of the W.I.P.


The first hit with a gouge was the most frightening : I didn't want to ruin that guitar !



Setting the background and starting the volutes


A few chips later...



The finished guitar. The oil perfectly matched the original finish.


moi

Johan Roudy

Falguière Redonde
12140 St hippolyte
05.81.36.60.66
06.19.16.46.96
lecopeaudesbois@yahoo.fr

2 commentaires:

  1. WOW! That is such an amazing and clean job! Nicely done man!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks ! This kind of project needs a lot of care during the finition process indeed.

      Supprimer