I searched for the right model for a while to fit the future organ of St.Aigulin, Poitou-Charentes.
I had to find a model with simple shapes. I searched in all of my books, documents, on the internet, and finally found the perfect one... on the local church furniture !
Awaiting for the final measurments, I made this little prototype of half a capital plus a bit of column. Its made of birch, 12cm wide.
The real ones will be about 30-40cm.
I had to find a model with simple shapes. I searched in all of my books, documents, on the internet, and finally found the perfect one... on the local church furniture !
Awaiting for the final measurments, I made this little prototype of half a capital plus a bit of column. Its made of birch, 12cm wide.
The real ones will be about 30-40cm.

would like to find more inf on carving captails
RépondreSupprimeri love the Captial Where can I find more inf on it
RépondreSupprimerYou're lucky, Don ! I made a 6 pages project article wich was featured in the last issue of Woodcarving Magazine (Nov/Dec, #141). The article describe all the steps to realize the capital at its full size (about 30cm wide), including the patterns. It can easily be adapted to a smaller size like this prototype.
RépondreSupprimerI didn't had the time to keep the blog updated, but you can find an article about the king size capital on my french blog at this page : http://johan-roudy.overblog.com/2014/06/orgue-de-st-aigulin.html
Please visit http://www.thegmcgroup.com for more info about the magazine.
Best wishes for the new year and happy carving !